Saturday, October 11, 2008

Caramel Apples


I made caramel apples for the Highland Care Center Bake Sale. These apples were hand picked just this week. I bought a bushel of them from Schmidt's Farm. They are amazing, crisp apples. Add them with a bit of caramel, chocolate and peanuts and really...how wrong can you go?

They sold for $3.00 each. At that rate I could start a new job. There really are crisp apples underneath all the goodness. You will or should be proud of me...I didn't eat one!

6 comments:

Kelley Rae said...

THey look delicious Heather! And I can't believe you resisted the carmelly goodness! Fruit boquets, now carmel apples, you really should go into business!

Cheryl said...

Heather, yumm!!!! I really admire you for not eating one! I don't know if I could have resisted. You are amazing.

Lynch said...

I admire you for sure, but I really think you should make some more, and give them as gifts...hint hint!! Hehe!! Or maybe you can just teach me too I guess. Ya know, whatever you feel better about!

Tim & Amber said...

Heather...you rock! I don't like I could ever resist one of your delicious carmel apples. They look so beautiful and scrumptious!

So, to answer your question...yes, would like to have a few more...it's just a matter of when. Life is so crazy at the moment! How about you guys?

Hey, I also wanted to let you know I re-connected with Jamie (Peterson) from Jr. High. We talked about all getting together sometime for lunch...what do ya think?

Tim & Amber said...

I think I should start to preview my comments...what I meant to say was:

I don't think I could resist...

yes, we would like to...

silly me!

D-Crew said...

Holy Heather...those are ADORABLE!! You are so cute! Yeah..I need your help being creative. Another reason I should've stayed there. Dang it!