Saturday, October 25, 2008

Are you eating...

Are you eating when you are not FEELING hungry. Today we talked about emotional eating. So many attribute this to being sad, stressed or bored. However, often times, we eat when we are happy, celebrating, and confident. It's important to realize and understand our feelings in order to prevent eating emotionally. This is an important lesson for me. I eat more when I feel secure, happy and when I celebrate. I eat less when I am stressed, insecure and unhappy. (Obviously I spend much more time celebrating :) Understanding what you are feeling and releasing endorphines in a healthy way will prevent unnecessary eating. We are coming into the Holiday Season and more often then not menus are being planned. I am encouraged after today's Weight Watcher's meeting to be more mindful about how I am feeling and eat only when I am hungry and not to appease a FEELING.
Another plug for exercise...I have finally hit the point where I don't hate every minute of it. I look forward to it and make time for it. I used to think...I don't have any extra time to do it and now I find the extra time...my laundry is not folded but hey you can't have everything!
Ellen Degeneres said, "You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where she is."

2 comments:

Ness said...

I love Ellen, I feel like we all should eat healthier, not only to look better but more importantly to feel better. I think the less sugar our body intakes the better we feel. now I need to know how to resist.

Kelley Rae said...

Love the new background, and music to match . . . you're so good!! I totally eat when I'm bored and there's nothing else to do. Good thing I always have a project going on! :)
BTW - Isn't Ellen great!!