Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2nd Place




Braeden's first year of scouting has been really interesting. Being a girl, I always thought all they did was spit and camp. I was mistaken, in addition to that they have to memorize a ton of stuff to earn the Bobcat, which Braeden (and I) earned, and learn actual life skills. The most recent scouting event included a Rocket Derby, they made rockets and Thanks to Uncle Richard and Uncle Jake, he was able to come in 2nd place. This is awesome because he competed with really big 11 year olds! I coated the rubber bands in olive oil and we wound and wound and wound some more. In the 3rd round he even made it the farthest to the SUN! It was really exciting! I am proud of Braeden, he was really apprehensive, as he has never done anything like this before and was really nervous.

5 comments:

nana76 said...

CONGRATULATION TO BRAEDEN. THE FIRST ON MANY WINNINGS. THE SLIDE SHOW WAS GREAT, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN

Aunt Pam said...

Well done Braeden! You look so grown up in that uniform :)

Kim said...

WOW!! That is awesome! I too was really shocked at how much the scouts have to do. Keith and I are Webelos leaders...CRAZY!

ASRussell said...

way to go Braeden!!! The things that I have to look forward to in a few years...

Cheryl said...

We'll have to get some pointers from you when Johnny gets into scouting--Great job Braeden!