Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mom, Popcorn and Nursery


Just as a PS for my mother's day post, my mom graciously agreed to sub in the nursery today. I thought it would be fun to pop popcorn for the kids. I took the popper Cody used just last night and gave her explicit instructions. Just as I was beginning to conduct our Senior Primary, Alli came in to say they needed me in the Nursery for just a sec...

The next thing you know the hallway has a little smoke in it and the Nursery Room is SMOKING. With windows opened, and critically avoiding the fire alarm I had a little meeting with my substitutes asking them to just tell me they didn't WANT the calling, they didn't need to go to such extremes. I don't really know how the fire started, nor do I know how long it burnt but I do know everyone got out unharmed :)

6 comments:

Alli B said...

At least we get a great laugh from it right!?!

Leslie Moseley said...

Oh my! I used to do popcorn in nursery all the time.

Cheryl said...

Wow, sounds like an exciting day in nursery, no wonder Maddie likes it in there so much! You must have had a busy day today with Heather and Jackie both gone.

Kim said...

WOW!! What an exciting day! Glad no one was hurt!

Kelley Rae said...

Love it! As soon as MaKell heard the song playing she wanted to know what was going on. Wish I could have been there! :)

kimbob said...

Sounds like an exciting day in nursery. Nice of your mom to help out but sorry about the little fire. You're mom is a doll!