Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Relishing in Savings

Since I have stayed at home, I have found myself constantly looking for ways to save money. I came across an opportunity to make this easier. I went to a SIMPLY BLISS BOUTIQUE and advertised there was a service called www.myfoodstoragedeals.com
Before this service I would look at the ads but find myself questioning if something was really that great of a deal, now there is someone telling me what is and what I need to stock up! For the first few months, I took 2-3 hours and went from store to store getting the great deals.
Until I got brave enough to take the ads in to Walmart and they price matched everything. The pictures shown are of todays shopping trip of which I spent about $85.00 on. You will see 8 boxes of cereal (the real stuff, not the off brand), ground beef (4 pounds) 6 loaves of whole wheat bread, brownie mixes, grapes, apples, cucumbers, limes...
Tortillas, PB and jam, Sunny Delight ($1.00), chicken, steamed veggies, oranges (8lbs) , banana's, ketchup, TP (24 double rolls=48 reg rolls for $5.99) I can't even list everything I got on sale! I get such a rush from saving money. I totalled up what I would have spent and saved $94.00!!!
I have to give credit where credit is due. Check out this website: www.dealstomeals.com I signed up for $4.95 and they give a great guide to adding to your food storage a week at a time, also giving you recipes to use with the sale items...It's a great investment!



5 comments:

Kim said...

WOW!! What great deals!!

ASRussell said...

Thats really cool!!! I am going to have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Way to go!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, Heather! You are my hero! That is so awesome! Congrats on basically getting everything for more than 50% off!

Liza said...

Yay! I love spending less on groceries. I think the Walmart price matching is the best.