Monday, December 1, 2008

And so the traditions begin

Every year we trek downtown to see Temple Square. This year we went with Grandma Baldwin, Jake, Ness, Carter & Ethan. We planned to go a little earlier than usual, and we weren't the only ones.
It was a beautiful night and there were tons of people. Apparantly we weren't the only ones with the great idea. We didn't really have to bundle up, it was quite warm for the time of year. Talan particularly enjoyed the "elephanties". There was one elephant on an ethnic display. I wouldn't have even noticed, but he had to see it up close.
While walking through the crowds we noticed some things people were saying. One man said to another woman, "Oh put your big girl panties on and get over it!" Another woman said to her child, "You don't want to know what'll happen if you poke me in the eye again!" We made it our goal to listen to others as we fought the crowds. It was so funny! Not everyone fares well in crowds.
My cheap digital camera does not do justice to the beauty of the temple. And to top it off the batteries died. But you get the idea!



6 comments:

Jamie said...

Heather, you are so on top of it! I'm glad you guys had fun seeing the lights! Maybe we'll get there next year!!!

Kim said...

Great comments from others!! We want to go downtown to see the lights too. Who knows how well T will do in BIG crowds.

ASRussell said...

Isn't it just beautiful?!!! We went too but on the day it started...the day after thanksgiving! Now that was busy!! I'll have to post our pictures too!

Ness said...

We had so much fun, I want a copy of that picture of my family. I don't have very many where we are all together, thanks for taking it

Kelley Rae said...

We really ought to go before it snows. MaKell would be in heaven. I'll keep an eye out for the elepanties!

Marc Gingell said...

Hey Heather, it's Hillary (Moseley) I found you on my mom's blog. Congrats on the baby. I have 4 myself! Sounds like you are just as busy as me. Okay....MORE busy actually :)