Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Hey Co~ I want to learn a new skill..."

So last Monday, Cody had a spontaneos day off work so we went to lunch with former co-workers. I began feeling useless since I don't work anymore. I decided I needed to learn a new skill... Yep Cody was totally on board....sort of.
Within the next two hours our bathroom went from that to this.
-toilet- gone, mint green vanity- gone, mint green squared vinyl flooring- gone
I began painting on Tuesday morning finished at 10:30am. Then I started trying to cut the cement board. Man that's heavy stuff. I carried it from the garage to the front room, that's as far as I got. Then after calling Dad, I realized that we had bit off more than we could chew. So I made a call to Alli's brother who came and tiled for us.
By Wednesday night we had tile...real tile.
Next came the vanity, which Cody screwed to the wall, then the sink, then the new towel racks, floor boards, culk and reinstallation of the toilet.
WARNING: Don't lean on the sink. The sink will fall off...we still can't seem to glue it down (plumbers putty and construction adhesive~worthless)
WARNING: Don't pull too hard on the towel racks as they will fall.
WARNING: There is no toilet paper holder but you can find rolls and rolls under the sink.

So...my new skill learned was realizing that I don't and can't remodel and should never be allowed to try. I understand this now and won't try again. I guess my new skill is learning to fold 'em (cards...when you don't have a good hand and you need to walk away from the poker table)
Cody said the next time he has a day off he is going back to work, when he's not here I don't plan these fun project :)

Next project: Now that we have seen tile work, I know we can do it~ KITCHEN FLOOR IS NEXT

6 comments:

Alli B said...

You are so cute Heather! You make me laugh, I love you

The Serna Family said...

Hahaha!!! SOOOO funny!

kimbob said...

I love the look and you guys did a great job! Remember Bob is here to help with the kitchen! Want to come help with my house next?

Kelley Rae said...

You crack me up!! It turned out great! Did you ever get my entirely TOO long e-mail?! Can you tell I wish I could have been there to help you?! At least this wasn't attempted two days before a party ;)

Kim said...

Love it, the story and the project!

ASRussell said...

haha...that is so funny!!! Your bathroom does look really nice now though!!!