Friday, March 20, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award

I love these kind of tags. Thanks Kelley! I started blogging because I don't journal or scrapbook. So these kind of tags give me a great opportunity to journal.

Here goes the tag:
It is called the honest scrap award and these are the rules...
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself--and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep.
B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap...

I am deathly afraid of the dark. When Cody works graveyard, I have a light on in every room. When he doesn't work night shift he either leaves a well-thought pathway of light for me and then returns to turns them all off. I know that there are spirits all around us, both good and bad. I just don't want to talk to any of them. Honestly, I feel them so I would just prefer to run as fast as I can out of the dark and into the light...

I am very similar to Kelley when it comes to my conversation skills. I worry all the time that I might have offended someone. I get very nervous if I am just one on one with someone. I am not really confident. I was surprised when I read this about Kelley, but finally did not feel alone.

I love to snack in bed. Pathetic, huh. I don't snack all day but something happens when I go to get into bed. I just want a little something. It can be as simple as a glass of milk or as complex as a cupcake (which I usually can't have, so often I go to bed a little honery). The worst part of this habit is I don't clean up after myself right away, so when Cody comes home in the morning...he can usually tell.

I watch Days of our Lives. OK I DVR it. I know...it's bad but it's something I have done since I swear I was 8 years old. I don't die if I can't watch it, but there is a definite effort made to watch it late at night.

I love change, almost too much. I have to change something all the time. I find myself motivated by change. I clean better if I know I will be moving the furniture. I cook better if I am changing the way I serve. I sleep better if I am changing where I sleep. Hence the 11 moves to our house, like 15 different cars over the 11 years and new and exciting painting since I can't move if I want to stay married.

I am a yeller. I have always been accused of talking really loud. (Working in a nursing home for 12 years has not helped me to tone things down.) I wish I were more soft spoken. I have been told, "I can hear you, I am not across the street" MULTIPLE TIMES Maybe I have a hearing problem or something.

I am not very patient. I can fake patient, but I truly lack this virtue.

I don't ever take my contacts out. I have managed to go as long as an entire pregnancy without changing them.

I have a really difficult time letting things go. I worry about the WhAt If'S in life so much that I literally drive everyone around me crazy and find little joy in the small things.

I am a DREAM CRUSHER. I don't allow myself to dream and make extreme goals. I am always thinking that something will never work so why even try.

I tag the following: Liza, Jamie T, Holly, Cheryl, Stephanie, Hanna & Vinessa.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Are you serious about the contacts? That just doesn't seem safe...or right :)

Liza said...

Heath, I learned new things about you.:)And I can't believe you tagged me, because you know I am not very good sharer of my deepest thoughts...

Cheryl said...

I love snacking in bed too, everything tastes better there.
This sounds fun, I'll have to sit down tonight and do it.

Kelley Rae said...

Thanks for being a good sport Heather. I am surprised you didn't mention earthquakes once! Love the late night snacks, I usually don't eat them in bed but can't go to sleep without them.

Leslie Moseley said...

I don't like the dark either and I almost always take a snack to bed. String cheese is a good one because you can unwrap it in the kitchen and it doesn't leave any crumbs in the bed. :) I wear hard lens so no 9 months of wear for me but I have worn them overnight, a supposed big no-no, and wear them longer each day than most.

I have to say that I am surprised that both you and Kelley worry about conversation skills. Everyone I know (including me) thinks you two are absolutely fabulous and are over the moon to be your friends.