Friday, July 10, 2009

Welcome McCoy Miles Baldwin

Born June 26, 2009 @ 4:56pm

5 lbs. 10 oz. 17 inches tall

Caution: May be graphic :)

We entered Jordan Valley Hospital for a 7:30 induction on Friday June 26th. I enjoy (for lack of a better word) inductions because I have a huge fear of going into labor and not having enough time to shave my legs or paint my toenails. Everything was completely planned, just how I like it. Steph came over to get Brae and Lex ready for school and take Talan for the day. When we got to the hospital, the really nice nurse started a really painful IV with pitocin and pennicilin. Then we sat and waited. Then we waited some more. Finally, the contractions started and I requested an epidural. The epidural doc came in and did a great job, despite my falling blood pressure. Cody held my hand and we continued waiting. With my other inductions going really fast, I anticipated that I would be done by noon or so. By noon, I was a whopping 3! So we waited some more. After a few sitcoms and some country music, I was finally complete. I felt some pressure as Co was trying to figure out the camera and video camera. I told him that we might want to get the nurse, that something felt weird. By this time, I could feel one side of contractions and lots of pressure with each. So the nurse came in and little McCoy was crowning. She ran out to call the doctor and when he came in, he told me not to push yet. So...he sat down, gowned up and ready and said, "OK...on the next contraction PU...NEVERMIND" McCoy just came, no pushing, no sweating, no screaming...nothing he just came. He weighed in as our smallest baby, but healthiest!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful (for lack of a better word) labor. Great job, he is a very handsome boy!

Lynch said...

Thats Awesome!!!!! What a cutie! I can't wait to see him!

Kelley Rae said...

No wonder he came so easily - he's such a tiny lil guy! But so comletely adoreable. I'm glad it all went well.

kimbob said...

YEAH we're glad McCoy is here and healthy. What a cute little guy you have. I'd take your inductions over mine anyday!!