Thursday, January 1, 2009

A lesson learned

A good friend of mine reminded me that blogging is about a history for our children and the importance of helping them see the ups and the downs of life. I realized that I don't want to portray perfection either in my blog. I even dreaded blogging Christmas because it didn't turn out the way I anticipated. I have always felt an incredible pressure to make sure the holiday season was filled with memories, enjoyment & perfection. This year there was emphasis on expectations. I worried about everyone else's expectations, I was enveloped in watching the clock because someone was expecting us somewhere, I focused so much on what I had to do to, I became bitter. Cooking & cleaning for the next guests, party or activity took precedence over enjoyment. I know it's just part of growing up. I hope that by reading this post next year I can prioritize and remember what I did wrong this year.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I always feel that same way at Christmas time! Just remember you're doing the best you can and from now on focus on enjoying the moment! Happy New Year!!!

Leslie Moseley said...

I have to agree with Jamie to enjoy the moment. I tried that this year and it was a lot better. Besides, your season looks so wonderful from my perspective of what you've blogged.

Cheryl said...

Heather, that is so comforting to hear you say that. I figure if I try to blog perfection, I wouldn't have anything to blog. I think that you are doing a great job, and I am sure your children will have a ton of fun memories to enjoy when they are older.